For some time now, there has been a lot of talk about hands-on training and STEM activities. Educationists all over the world agree that STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths) is the future and one of the most important skills kids need to succeed in school and beyond.
STEM education teaches kids more than just Science and Mathematical concepts. It provides a platform for discovering one’s passions and abilities while also leading to personal development. Keeping this in mind, it has become necessary for all parents to look into it and consider getting an age-appropriate STEM toys for their kids.
It’s interesting to note that there are a variety of educational toys and STEM activity boxes on the market, with each one focusing on developing a certain trait. Here are some of the advantages of introducing STEM activity boxes to kids from a young age.
- With an emphasis on hands-on learning and real-world application, they provide an ideal platform for the development of a wide range of skill sets, including creativity and 21st-century skills.
- They offer an excellent way to encourage and develop critical and creative thinking in kids, as they provide a comfortable and secure environment for them to explore the concepts in depth.
- The emphasis is not on theory but rather on a holistic approach to teaching and learning subjects such as Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths. The concept-based activities relating to these subjects can be performed at home to experience solving real-world problems.
- STEM activities foster curiosity and encourage kids to see Science and Maths in new ways. It teaches them how subjects like Science can help them solve day-to-day problems and issues they face as adults.
- These activities can aid in the development of problem-solving skills, lateral thinking, logic application, and creativity in all aspects of life.
The Intelli SMART BOX is one of the most popular STEM-based activity boxes in India for students of Grades 1 to 8. These boxes have received top ratings and recommendations from both parents and kids. For each grade, two boxes are available: one for Science and one for Maths. Some of the unique features which make it the perfect choice for both kids and parents are as follows:
– Offers 360 Degree Learning approach
Without a doubt, educational toys have proven to be an excellent method of replacing boring, dry lectures. Kids learn through various mediums such as theory, questioning, analyzing, real-life application, and more with the 360-degree learning approach incorporated in these activity boxes. When a kid has gone through all of these stages, the subject will be deeply embedded in his mind. This, in turn, improves academic performance without the pressure of memorizing.
– Mapped with School Curriculum
The fact that the activities in the SMART Box are perfectly aligned with the school curriculum makes it even more relevant. It acts as an excellent supplement resource. It enables kids to apply classroom theories to real-life scenarios at home.
– DIY activities & videos
Science experiment kits and mathematical toys come with detailed and easy-to-understand instructions and videos, as well as over 100 thoughtfully designed activities. It also has a QR code printed on it, which the kid can scan to go directly to the instruction page. This allows kids to perform experiments independently, which boosts their morale and provides confidence to face the challenging world.
– Experimental & Engaging
The activities included are so engaging that the kids learn Science and Maths concepts in a fun way, which helps in the development of an interest in technical fields. It enables them to be actively involved and participate in all stages of an activity, experiment, or project. Subjects come alive and kids are excited by putting theories to the test, experiencing nature’s laws, making decisions, and observing effects. This is when real learning occurs.
The Intelli SMART Box has also been highly recommended by pedagogy experts because it is carefully designed for childhood development with an emphasis on the kid’s overall brain development and meets all of the unique learning needs.