Cleanliness is the path towards “Goodliness”
Health is our real wealth.
Maintaining hygiene is the sign of good health. Hygiene refers to those day to day activities (habits) done for improving health. Individuals of every age can practise hygiene with the minimum efforts. Hygiene helps to reduce the development and spread of illnesses and infections. A person with a healthy lifestyle and hygienic habits lives a long and happy life.
We use our busy schedule as an excuse to avoid healthy and hygienic lifestyle. But we hastily move towards maintaining hygiene as and when any disease knocks our doorsteps. Maintaining hygiene in a daily life will not even give birth to any life threatening disease.
The foundations of lifelong responsibility for the maintenance of personal hygiene are laid down in childhood, which is important for a healthy childhood, for a healthy adulthood and for the development of positive values about health.
Children are very much prone to diseases, it is very important to inculcate healthy and hygienic practices among children from an early age, because learning and observing things, they come in contact with the surroundings which might be clean or not and putting finger in mouth or constantly touching body parts, make the germs enter in the body.
With the above introduction, below mentioned are some important points which should be practised daily to maintain hygiene. Corona Virus, which is spreading fear among people, you can easily protect yourself from it just with some preventions and care. Children are small storms and it is very difficult to control them. They constantly use their hands during the day, touching different surfaces, eating meals, playing and studying at school, touching body parts and the list is never ending, which can easily cause many diseases, for instance cold and flu. Our hands are the biggest and easiest carriers of germs. The quickest and easiest way to get rid of those germs every day is to make the children understand about the importance of hand washing for keeping hygiene and healthy lifestyle.
Washing hands using Anti-bacterial soap or plain water thoroughly in a regular span of time, especially:
- Before and after every meal.
- Coming back from any public place.
- After visiting the toilet.
- After coughing or sneezing.
As children eat many chocolates, packaged food like chips and junk food. it’s very important for them to clean their teeth twice a day if not, they might suffer with rotten teeth, gum disease and bad breath. In case of toddlers, it is advisable for parents to teach them in the initial days; in case of pre-primary/ primary kids parents should check whether they are doing properly.
- The best way to keep children healthy and clean at one go is by giving them a bath daily. Some important bathing hygiene includes:
- Teach them to take bath twice a day – before and after the school.
- Encourage them to gently scrub the armpits, groin, legs, and feet.
- Make sure they apply soap while bathing.
- It is advisable to put few drops of anti-bacterial solution in bathing water.
Coughing and sneezing:
- Prevent your child from spreading infections by teaching him the correct way to sneeze and cough by covering the nose and mouth using tissue paper or handkerchief.
We all are suffering from the threat of Corona Virus. In this case, It is now even more important for us to take extra care of hygiene to fight the viruses.
With the above mentioned points to be taken seriously, things which should be done to stay safe from COVID-19:
- Cover your face: Take Care of others, while caring for yourself.
If you are sick, wear a face mask when you are around people at least before you visit a hospital or clinic.
If you are not sick, avoid close contact with people who are sick or wear a face mask, if necessary.
- Hand Sanitizer: Use ahand sanitizer if water and soap are not readily available. Scrub it over all surfaces of the hands – including back of hands, between fingers and under nails.
- Touch: It’s important to avoid face touching because germs can get into the body through the eyes, nose, and mouth. Hands can also transfer the virus, so it is advisable to wash hands and face, in case of touching.